Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Attendant



Here are a few more drawings for those of you interested in having a look at the on-going sketching process. I have a detail of the hands holding the picture frame as well as two ideas for the actual picture that she would be holding. More will be on their way but I’m leaning towards the second portrait drawing as I feel the first one may detract a little from the main theme.



I really like this pose of Venus’s attendant and so I did a drawing of it, stood back from the canvas (which already had the selected pose worked out on it), held it up to where she would be posed and had a look at how the overall relationships worked. Again, the picture she is holding in the drawing is at too slight an angle for my purposes and although I had her back in the studio to repose, it was impossible for her to hold the same position and have the frame at the angle I wanted it. Ah well, we do our best! At least I got a lovely drawing out of it!

No comments: